Link to full article below , US perspective on Medical training.
1. The healthcare megatrends of internationalization, personalization, commoditization, democratization and decentralization of care have changed how medicine is practiced.
2. Digital health technologies ie. the use of information and communications technologies to improve health, are creating new models of care.
3. The doctor-patient relationship is being challenged. The laying on of hands has been effaced by the tapping of thumbs.
4. Resource constraints are forcing us to make difficult allocation and optimization decisions, resulting in inevitable conflicts of interest.
5. Time based standards being replaced by competency based standards.
………..Arlen Meyers, MD, MBA is a Professor at the University of Colorado and President and CEO of the Society of Physician Entrepreneurs at http://www.sopenet.org